Our national conference is an important event for the Canadian international education community, and we are continuously working to identify and implement measures to minimize negative environmental and social impacts in its planning and execution. Specifically, at CBIE2024, we’ll be implementing the following initiatives:
- Paperless Program: All of our session and conference information can be found on the conference website or app. We will not be providing printed programs.
- Meatless Monday: Recognizing the impact that meat farming has on the environment, all meals, including snacks, will be meat-free on Monday.
- Recyclable Lanyards: This year’s lanyards are made of recycled materials.
- Onsite Commitment: We work closely with our host venues and suppliers to ensure that we offer a sustainable conference experience.
- Calculating Travel: We ask about travel distance and transportation type during our registration process to help calculate the carbon emissions of the conference.
We welcome your thoughts and comments on ways in which you feel we can improve our impact. Please provide your feedback within our conference survey, available on our conference app in November.